To assist and encourage students of Vietnamese descent to excel in scholastic achievement, leadership
qualities, and community involvement, especially to those who have significant financial need.
• Tony Toan Nguyen Scholarship Foundation will award $500.00 scholarship to graduating high school students who maintain a minimum of 3.0 GPA, and have significant financial need.
• Applicants will be evaluated by their scholastic achievements, leadership qualities, community involvement, writing proficiency, and a personal interview for semi-finalists.
1. Student of Vietnamese descent who is residing in the Greater Houston Metropolitan area, and is graduating from an accredited high school or secondary school in June 2014.
2. Enroll as full time undergraduate studies in an accredited college, university, or an institution of higher learning in the United States in the Fall of 2014.
3. Applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
Financial Aid Award
• Scholastic 30%
• Leadership 10%
• Essay 10%
• Financial need 50%
Semi-finalists will be selected from the pool of applicants for a mandatory personal interview with Tony Toan Nguyen Foundation. Criteria for granting the awards will be 70% from the written application, and 30% from interview. Winners will be notified by mail, and the awards will be presented in the Annual Vietnamese-American Youth Excellence Recognition Program.
The grading scale for uniformity would be as follows, and should be holistic:
• AP Courses
• SAT/ACT scores
*** note: consider also non-school associations/org.
• Organization participate
• Cohesiveness of ideas
• Command of language
Deadline: July 11th, 2014
Please submit your essay and the Tony Toan Nguyen Scholarship application (attached below) to either firstname.lastname@example.org or the below address:
ATTN: 2014 VVDV Scholarship Committee
4615 Belle Park Dr., Houston, TX 77072
2014 Events >