SUMMER PROGRAM ASSISTANT COORDINATOR
VIETNAMESE CULTURE AND SCIENCE ASSOCIATION
Program Overview: During the summer of 2014, Vietnamese Culture & Science Association will deliver the following programs:
- Vietnamese Youth Tobacco and Obesity Prevention Summit (The summit serves approximately 250 kids of age 6 -16 and will engage around 90 volunteers to deliver a full day program at the museum focusing on tobacco prevention and nutrition.
- Vietnamese Youth Excellence Recognition program – a Luncheon to honor local high school graduates who are either Valedictorians or Salutatorians of their respective high schools, Class of 2014. The coordination of this program will start from June to August 2014. The event is held on August 3, 2014.
- Vietnamese Summer Program which provide Educational workshop and Resume and Interview workshops during some weekends.
- Post-camp activities for the VCSA 17th annual Youth Leadership Development Camp Len Duong 2014 (the camp will be held from May 23 – 26, 2014).
- Continued planning activities for VCSA Walk for Wellness project (the Walk will be held on September 28, 2014.
VCSA would like to recruit Two (2) Assistant Program coordinators to work with our volunteer teams throughout the summer.
Key Outcomes and Responsibilities
• Proficient in word processing, and other Microsoft office tools.
• Assisting the project coordinators to organize, plan and deliver the tobacco and obesity prevention youth summit.
• Assist in the logistic planning of VCSA other programs and activities.
• Assist the logistic planning and coordination tasks for the Youth Excellence Recognition Luncheon program
• Conduct evaluation sessions for two programs (Tobacco Youth summit and Youth Excellence Recognition Luncheon) and assist the other volunteers to implement workshops, summer classes delivered at the VCSA Center.
Essential Qualifications and Key Competencies:
• Has experience working with youth, fluent in Vietnamese is specially preferred.
• Has experience in non-profit management work and volunteer experience with VCSA.
• Be open to Vietnamese traditions and values
• Excellent communication skills
• Organizational skills and flexible in assigned tasks.
• Can effectively work independently and as a team member
• Has reliable transportation or is proficient in using public transportation
Terms of Employment: This is a 35-40hour/week summer internship position from 5/27/2014 to 8/15/2014
• Upon completion of 400 hours of service, intern will receive $1000 Stipend from VCSA
• Gain skills in program planning, development, evaluation. Develop teaching and public presentation skills.
• Receive regular weekly mentorship from VCSA Board of Directors/Executive Board
• Receive training classes in fund raising planning for non-profit, leadership training on conflict resolution,
communication and project planning.
• Tap into the national network of VCSA national and international charity projects both in the United
States, Canada and Vietnam.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume outlining your qualifications for this position to VCSA Executive Board at email@example.com - Deadline: May 19, 2014.
VCSA – 4615 Belle Park Dr. – Houston, TX 77072 – 281-933-8118
2014 Events >