The Vietnamese Culture and Science Association (VCSA) is a non-profit 501(c)(3) Vietnamese American organization founded in 1990. It has over 500 members, mostly young Vietnamese American professionals in the US and Canada. Based in Houston, Texas, VCSA has chapters in Austin, Dallas/Fort Worth, San Diego, Washington DC, Minneapolis/St. Paul and Toronto.
Our Mission Statement
The Vietnamese Culture & Science Association's (VCSA) promotes excellence in education, leadership and skills development through culture and science. Our organization encourages multi-generational and cross-cultural collaborations. We foster civic participation in the mainstream and Vietnamese America.
The VCSA's goals are as followed:
- Preserve and develop Vietnamese heritage and culture for the Vietnamese American young adults and Vietnamese descendants by establishing various programs and activities.
- Promote cooperation among Vietnamese American professionals in exchanging their skills, participating in the programs and activities to build a strong Vietnamese community in North America in general, and in Texas and other states of U.S. in particular.
- Encourage participation in community programs and activities and build a strong sense of civic responsibility among Vietnamese Americans.
- Collaborate with other Asian communities and the mainstream society.
Our Activities and Programs
- Publish an annual magazine Huong Viet to exchange ideas among members and to act as the official voice of VCSA.
- Organize quarterly general meetings to obtain feedback and ideas from members regarding VCSA programs and activities.
- Organize regular cultural events and participate in the annual cultural events such as the American Asian Festival and the Mardi Gras Festival.
- Organize regular workshops to discuss Science and Technology topics and to share ideas and skills among professionals.
- Partner with health related institution such as Baylor College of Medicine to deliver Health Awareness and Substance Abuse Awareness workshops for Vietnamese community.
- Partner with JP Morgan Chase Bank to deliver financial educational workshops for the Vietnamese-American community in Houston and vicinity.
- Partner with corporations to deliver youth leadership development programs, mentoring program and after school tutorial programs for students of grade 6 to grade 12.
- Participate in all community related activities such as charitable fund raising events, the Vietnamese New Year Festival, the Asian-American Festival and other Asian communities’ events.